Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Testimony Of Prayer!


Fast and Furious to the finish line!

June 6, 2016

Hello Family sounds like y'all had an amazing week, Me as well. I wanted to start off with an experience that has really built my testimony of prayer.  Well this week has been a really good week. We had a lot of opportunities to find people to teach. When me and Elder Crowther went out we decided that potential investigators where the route we should take. As you probably know missionaries have this thing called an area book. Here in Fort Worth 8th it is huge, filled with lists of people who are not here or whose phone numbers are bad. So we have taken it as our job to separate the Wheat from the Tears so to speak. 

So we went and visited this potential and this man happened to not live there. So Wesley (the current resident) engaged us in a gospel conversation. As we talked about his beliefs and shared the ones of ours that were similar, my heart began to swell as I prayed for me and Elder Crowthers words and testimonies to fill this man’s heart. As our  conversation came to an end. My companion and I testified boldly of the power of the Priesthood and of Eternal families and invited him to hear more. Wesley than responded with a really bold "NO THANK YOU". With a bit of disappointment on our faces and after exchanging farewells, we started our walk back to our car. On that walk I thought wow I wondered if God had heard the silent prayer of my heart. Then suddenly a knock came at the window. It was Wesley. He said "Y'all said y'all wanted to come back" I responded "Yes sir" he said "Come on by Tuesday @ 6pm". Me being so excited responded yes, forgetting that we had Zone Conference that day. After my heart swelled for the testimony I received that day of the power of Prayer. God answers prayers and listens to our needs.  

Pretty awesome experience. I would say. As y'all know this week is Zone Conference. This will be the last one of my mission. I am so excited to be able to learn from President Ames. I love him, I know that me and him will be good friends after the mission. I want y'all to know that I love y'all so much and I am so grateful for y'alls support and for y’alls love here on my mission. Means so much. Y'all have an amazing week.   

With All my Love, 

Elder Justin C. Lee     

No comments:

Post a Comment